The best got better
Wintriss Controls has raised the bar once again with the introduction of the SmartPAC PRO Press Automation Controller. The SmartPAC PRO features a large color touch screen, advanced communications, superior graphics and numerous performance enhancements. Here are some of the powerful new capabilities that make the SmartPAC PRO the most exciting control product since... well... the SmartPAC 2:
New Features and Capabilities
- The large, vibrant touch-screen enables efficient navigation and allows more information to be displayed.
- Advanced Job Storage - SmartPAC PRO's searchable Tool Manager can store an unlimited number of tool programs to accommodate even the busiest shops.
- The new Tool Summary Screen enables you to view the entire contents of each programmed setup on a single screen, provides a place for users to place notes for the job, and can be exported to a USB disk as comma-separated values.
- Users can create custom home screen dashboards to display the information they use most often. These dashboards can be named and saved in the favorites menu, and quickly recalled any time.
- Easy-to-access front panel external USB port for backing up tool number memory, capturing screen shots, attaching a bar code scanner, keyboard, mouse, or other USB devices.
- The new Options Manager allows users to add, enable, or disable firmware options without having to upgrade the SmartPAC PRO firmware. Simply enter an activation code, and the option will be initialized
- Enhanced Automation Integration - If you use Wonderware® to create HMIs for your ancillary automation, the SmartPAC PRO's
Wonderware integration option enables the SmartPAC Pro to be the last screen you'll ever need to put on your press.
Versatile Installation Options - The main screen/HMI can be separated from the rest of the SmartPAC PRO system, simplifying installation and wiring. The only
connection required between the HMI and the main SmartPAC PRO controller and I/O is a single USB cable.
Wintriss also offers an optional pendant enclosure and pendant arm for added mounting versatility.
SmartPAC PRO mounting options - Enclosure (left) and Pendant Arm (right)
Core Features and Capabilities
- Run your SmartPAC PRO from your desktop PC or tablet with optional Remote Access.
- Messaging send messages via email to other networked SmartPAC PROs, Wintriss Tech Support, or any mobile device.
- Built-in backup and restore capability. You can save a copy of SmartPAC PRO 's setup memory and initialization settings on your network, and restore it when needed.
- Easier Firmware Upgrades - No chips to change when you add new features. SmartPAC PRO firmware can be upgraded through the built-in USB port.
- Built-in brake monitor tracks press stopping performance in both milliseconds and degrees of rotation, the latter being extremely helpful in determining the critical angle for die protection.
- SmartView press status from anywhere in the world
- Available On-Screen Help just press the "Help" icon on any screen.
- Enhanced Error/Event Log time stamped detailed information for 300 most recent errors/events.
- Enhanced Diagnostics status of inputs, resolver and more
- Easy to upgrade from SmartPAC 2! The SmartPAC PRO is only 1" wider and 1" taller than the SmartPAC 2. All of your existing optional PAC modules, resolver, DSI, cam outputs, and SFI connections go directly into SmartPAC PRO! In addition, all of your existing tool number setups can be transferred to the SmartPAC PRO. We're also offering a special upgrade program; ask your Wintriss Rep for details.
- The Info Center option allows SmartPAC PRO to display video, setup sheets, PDFs, drawings, photographs, and other information right at the press.
Compatible with All SmartPAC Modules and Firmware Options
- DiProPAC 8, 16, or 32 sensor die protection module.
- The DSI2 Die Protection Sensor Interface.
- ProCamPAC 8 or 16 channel programmable cam (limit switch) module.
- AutoSetPAC 2 or 4 point load analyzers to monitor press tonnage and load conditions
- WaveFormPAC tonnage waveform signature monitor.
- ProPAC 8, 16, or 32 sensor in-die dimension measurement, process monitoring, and die protection module.
- WPC 2000 - solid-state, dual microprocessor based clutch/brake control system for part revolution mechanical power presses, and the Option 2 Expansion Module for additional capabilities when the SmartPAC PRO is integrated with the WPC 2000.
- RamPAC automates setup of shut height, counterbalance pressure and die-cushion pressure during each tool/die changeover.
- Servofeed Interface (SFI) allows you to interface to popular brands of servofeed controls.
- PM Monitor tracks up to 64 maintenance items and alerts you when each is due.
- Multilingual Menus (English, Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Polish) run mode for Status and Adjust menus.
- Custom Consoles and Panels combine any and all press controls, motor/starter options, touch-control buttons, etc., in a compact, fully integrated workstation.
- Wintriss ShopFloorConnect® Production Monitoring Software automates the on-line collection of operating data from virtually every machine in your plant.