WPC 2000 - Wintriss Clutch / Brake Control
The WPC 2000 clutch/brake controls is your best choice for press safety, reliability and support.
The WPC 2000 Clutch/Brake Control is a feature packed, easy-to-use, dual microprocessor based clutch/brake control system for part revolution mechanical power presses. With its two independent microprocessor systems, the WPC 2000 provides diverse redundancy, for optimum clutch/brake control reliability and greater operator safety.
The WPC 2000's resolver eliminates the need for a mechanical rotary limit switch, and brings all timing adjustments to the operator control panel.
To increase productivity, the digital readout displays key information, such as press speed, stopping time and comprehensive error code diagnostics. And its crank-angle clock dynamically indicates the position of the crankshaft, whether the press is running or at rest.
Meets or exceeds all ANSI B11.1-2009 and OSHA 1910.217 regulations, including Control Reliability.
- Interrupted stroke provision significantly improves pressroom productivity
- Internal brake monitor checks press-stopping performance
- 9 Customized status codes (including 2 cross-checked pairs) installed by user
- Micro-inch capability improves set-up
- Self-diagnostics identifies control problems
- Can be integrated with SmartPAC® 2 or SmartPAC PRO for greater ease of use (see screen shots below)
- Optional 4-Output Programmable Limit Switch to control timing of ancillary equipment.
- Optional Auto-compensated Top Stop (ACTS) adjusts the top-stop angle automatically as press speed changes or the brake wears.
- Optional Shadow® light curtain provides point-of-operation guarding
- Optional Foot Switch, One-Hand Control, External Trip, Continuous-on-Demand and Bar Modes for maximum flexibility
- Optional Auxiliary E-Stop Relay Outputs for stopping or preventing from starting up to three auxiliary devices like a feed or a transfer if any e-stop button is pressed, any light curtain is interrupted or any cross-checked input is open.
WPC 2000 Integrated with SmartPAC PRO (or SmartPAC 2)
The WPC 2000 can be combined with a SmartPAC PRO to seamlessly integrate all of your press control, automation, and monitoring functions. The WPC 2000/SmartPAC 2 integration provides a comprehensive user interface for all WPC 2000 functions and WPC 2000 initialization.
You can enable and set Micro-Inch, and program important press control parameters from using the SmartPAC PRO keypad. In addition, SmartPAC PRO provides an on-screen diagnostics display that shows the status of all of the inputs and switches.
Here are some SmartPAC 2/WPC 2000 screen shots: